Welcome!

Welcome to Caps 'Round the Clock, a blog covering the Washington Capitals and the NHL. In season, I update the Blog after every practice and on game day with Caps news and information, and then provide a recap and analysis after each contest. I also write a periodical Prospect Watch and weekly feature pieces on the state of the Men in Red and other things Capitals. And of course, I will post videos and tidbits from around the League and offer my two cents as the season wears on. In the offseason, I write a Report Card for each player, and will keep you updated on all the news about the Caps through the summer. I'm glad you're here, and hope you come back!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Capitals Acquire Jason Arnott

The Washington Capitals have acquired center Jason Arnott from the New Jersey Devils this afternoon, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie and Caps Senior Writer Mike Vogel.  The deal sends Capitals fan favorite and faceoff king David Steckel and a second-round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft to New Jersey in exchange for Arnott.  My immediate reaction to this deal is rather split.  On one hand, it gets the Capitals out from a not-so-good contract and acquire another steady veteran with an expiring contract, but on the other, it removes one of the best faceoff men in all of hockey and sends another(!) second-round draft pick away from the Capitals.  Arnott has also also struggled tremendously this year on the Devils, even when they have not been awful as of late.  More coming from me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment