Welcome!

Welcome to Caps 'Round the Clock, a blog covering the Washington Capitals and the NHL. In season, I update the Blog after every practice and on game day with Caps news and information, and then provide a recap and analysis after each contest. I also write a periodical Prospect Watch and weekly feature pieces on the state of the Men in Red and other things Capitals. And of course, I will post videos and tidbits from around the League and offer my two cents as the season wears on. In the offseason, I write a Report Card for each player, and will keep you updated on all the news about the Caps through the summer. I'm glad you're here, and hope you come back!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hendricks Signs On















According to Capitals senior writer Mike Vogel, center Matt Hendricks has signed a two-year, $1.6 million extension with the team. Hendricks, 29, has compiled 7 goals, 19 points, and a   -1 rating in 57 games played for the Capitals this season. He leads the team with 84 penalty minutes and is 3rd in hits with 121.  In addition, he has become a fan favorite already in DC due to his colorful comments in 24/7, his great attitude, and willingness to drop the gloves with just about anyone.  I love this deal, I think it's a great price for such a valuable player.
For the official Caps media release, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Harry - I suggest you don't use Getty Images, as they are notorious for coming after those who use their image without obtaining rights. For rights-free images, partner up with Caps Snaps, Caps in Pictures, and Caps News Network. Best not to take photos from for-profit organizations with lawyers on their side. - Ben Sumner, Caps Outsider.

    ReplyDelete