Welcome!

Welcome to Caps 'Round the Clock, a blog covering the Washington Capitals and the NHL. In season, I update the Blog after every practice and on game day with Caps news and information, and then provide a recap and analysis after each contest. I also write a periodical Prospect Watch and weekly feature pieces on the state of the Men in Red and other things Capitals. And of course, I will post videos and tidbits from around the League and offer my two cents as the season wears on. In the offseason, I write a Report Card for each player, and will keep you updated on all the news about the Caps through the summer. I'm glad you're here, and hope you come back!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gameday: at Carolina, Dec. 26

The Capitals will meet the Hurricanes tonight in Raleigh for the second time this season, after shutting them out 3-0 during their last visit.  The Capitals are trying to build momentum from an epic game against the Penguins on Thursday, while the Hurricanes are trying to rebound after a loss at the hands of Carey Price and the Canadiens.

It is assumed that Michal Neuvirth gets the start tonight for the Capitals after having three great games in a row, and his good performances against Carolina this year.  Cam Ward will start for the home side.

No other updates on the conditions of Jeff Schultz or Boyd Gordon are available at this time, considering that the Caps just landed in snowy Carolina about 15 minutes ago (via Eric Fehr).  I will do my best to convey any news on them as the day moves along.

As for the Rapid Rewind - I am heading right into the teeth of this blizzard to help with some family matters, where we are expected to get upwards of 15 inches and have 40 MPH winds.  I might not be able to write a review tonight, but I hope to have one up by tomorrow midday if, in fact, I cannot do one tonight.

Puck drops in Carolina 7:07ish. Enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment