Welcome!

Welcome to Caps 'Round the Clock, a blog covering the Washington Capitals and the NHL. In season, I update the Blog after every practice and on game day with Caps news and information, and then provide a recap and analysis after each contest. I also write a periodical Prospect Watch and weekly feature pieces on the state of the Men in Red and other things Capitals. And of course, I will post videos and tidbits from around the League and offer my two cents as the season wears on. In the offseason, I write a Report Card for each player, and will keep you updated on all the news about the Caps through the summer. I'm glad you're here, and hope you come back!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Around the NHL: Semyon Varlamov Is Really Good

Check out this amazing save that former Caps goalie Semyon Varlamov made Thursday night against Chicago, absolutely robbing the Blackhawks of a sure goal and keeping his mates within striking distance.

The Avalanche lost the game regardless, but are still off to a great start and Varly has been a huge part of that with his sterling 2.17 GAA and .938 save percentage.  Before you ask: yes, I would make the trade 100 times again.  The Avalanche are a very young team with a lot of talent, but the West is extremely competitive and even with this hot start, I think it will be very hard for Colorado to maintain this high level of play.  And then, of course, is the fact that Varlamov's lower body is, well, made of papier mache.
At the same time, I really hope that Varly can play well but the Avalance can keep losing.  Nail, Ryan, and Mikhail are calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment